Thursday, November 22

A-B(ware)!!!

This was a chain mail that i got recently about an Accident that happened  on 13th May 2012 in Pune.     

A housewife died due to burns sustained in the kitchen. Her husband too was hospitalized for injuries due to burns while trying to rescue his wife.

How did it happened?:- The gas stove was on and cooking under process.

The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect killer and sprayed it near the gas stove, which was on. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustaining 65% burns. Her husband rushed in, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife was declared dead on arrival.

Let us understand: - All insect killer sprays such as "Hit", "Mortein"

etc. have highly volatile and inflammable solvents. The atomized nano spray particles spread extremely rapidly and one spark is enough to ignite this explosive mixture with oxygen present in air.

Did the poor lady realize the hazard involved? Apparently not!

Please educate your family & Friends about this and spread the word around....


20 comments:

  1. @magiceye yeah... one has to be really careful.. and its always better to read the warnings in these insect killers... we jus need to know they are FLAMABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite daunting to know that many educated people don't know certain basic facts. I just hope people realise at least by common sense that any insecticide or pesticide is flammable.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha..a lapse of just moments thought and tragedy results...good that you brought up this issue Sahithya

    ReplyDelete
  4. very true , we keep insecticides at home little knowing that they can be harmful and dangerous as this family found out ..


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. A much needed post....The respective companies apart from advertising their product...shuld also advertise the Do's and Don'ts of their product....Visual teaching ll be effective when compared to warning messages in the bottle....its not only insect killers and pest killers..we areare unknowingly usig some products which are also equally harmful to us...

    ReplyDelete
  6. we live life once only should be precaution be there

    Tips via blogging

    ReplyDelete
  7. this awareness need spreads... needy info indeed

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate your effort in spreading the awareness :-)

    Regards,
    Anunoy Samanta
    -------------------------------
    http://just4suzan.blogspot.com

    http://imakemytrip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Susan Deborah yeah true.... atlAEST make it a habbit to read the caution that s mentioned at thhe back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Bikramjitthis family has found out at a really high cost!.. hope this spreads some awareness among others,!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @sunderohhh yea.. truely said... ppl hhardly take aby effor to read the caution...

    ReplyDelete
  12. @sathish kumarthankk u!!! hope this message spreads...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's a very eye-opening post. We often overlook things like this and it can be very dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @D.Nambiar yeah. we really need to be CARE-FULL.. we are not even CARE_HALF.. :P ok that was a PJ ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing ur thoughts...:)!!!!